I’m Elphie, your crafty canine companion ready to help you choose the right Storage Cabinet to fit your craft room. Purchasing a Storage Cabinet for your space is a big decision, with many factors to consider.
Here’s a few tips to ensure you choose the best Storage Cabinet that fits your crafting needs.
Step 1 – Visualize
Start by visualizing what craft/hobby supplies you want to organize. Do you need drawer storage, paper storage, or both?
Step 2 – How Supplies Fit
Consider the volume of supplies that you will organize in your Storage Cabinet. Be sure to take notes about the following information:
- Count your colors of paper to determine how many Paper Shelves you need.
- Measure the height of your jars, paints, threads, tools, adhesives, etc., so you can select the proper Drawer height (1”, 2-1/4”, 3-3/8”) to match your supplies. If planned out correctly, you should be able to see everything in your drawer when you open it. If product is buried beneath other supplies, your drawer is too deep.
- Measure the length of your tools to ensure they will fit the 12”x13” Drawer.
Step 3 – How your Cabinet Fits
Now that you have an idea of the supplies you want to organize, it is time to determine what size Storage Cabinet you will need. Here are some factors to consider:
- Are there height or width restrictions in your space?
- Do you need to work around windows?
- Is the cabinet for a closet?
- What is the function of the cabinet? Is it mainly for storage, or do you want it to function as a workspace for your crafting machines?
- Do you want the cabinet to be mobile?
Write down your must-haves for the cabinet and create a rough sketch of your space with your critical measurements.
Step 4 – Build your Craft Storage Cabinet with the Cabinet Designer
Now you are ready to start designing your cabinet with our Best Craft Organizer Cabinet Designer. Be sure to read the 2022 Update at the top of the page, and then scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Storage Cabinet Width & Height Chart. This chart will reference all the different size cabinets Best Craft Organizer has available. You will also notice our Single, Double, and Triple cabinets all come in the same heights, making it easy to mix and match cabinets to create the ultimate storage solutions. You can even buy a Small or Standard Cabinet today and purchase an Add-on later for additional storage space to create a Large or Extra-Large Cabinet.
- Use the sketch of your space from Step 3 and the Storage Cabinet Width & Height Chart to determine the cabinet size that will best fit your space. Don’t forget to consider the cabinet’s 14-1/4” depth in your plan! Choose your size options in the Cabinet Designer. Select the Width (Small, Double, Triple); Height (Small, Standard, Large, Ex-Large); Color; and with or without Casters.
- In Step 2 you took notes about your supplies. Now its time to configure your cabinet with Drawers and Paper Shelves to store your craft supplies. Choose the configuration that helps you stay organized!
Be sure to double check the Storage Cabinet measurements, the color, and with or without Casters before adding your selections to the cart.
Now you can be confident the Storage Cabinet your selected will be right for you.
Best Craft Organizer